Delivery Responsibility & Cost
Packaging and delivery costs are included in the purchase price unless otherwise specified on the Purchase Order. The responsibility for goods in transit rest with the supplier/contractors unless TNEC agrees to other conditions in the Purchase Order.
All delivery orders (D.O.) accompanying goods must state clearly the following:
- Supplier/contractor’s name
- TNEC purchase order and line number (i.e according to ERMS system)
- Catalog number
- Description of material
- Location for delivery
- Unit of measure (e.g meters, sets, nos., kilograms, etc)
- Number of drums (relevant to cables)
- Serial number (relevant to transformers, switchgear, feeder pillars, etc)
The relevant Factory Acceptance Report(s) should also be attached to the D.O.
Authorized Visitors and Delivery Personnel
Visitors and Delivery Personnel must have visitor badges if they are to enter any of TNEC’s buildings or facilities beyond the receiving areas or lobbies.
Delivery terms for imported products shall be quoted in accordance with International Commercial Terms (INCOTERMS 2000). Amongst the commonly used INCOTERMS in TNEC’s contracts are:
- FOB – Free On Board
- The supplier must load the goods on board the ship nominated by TNEC, cost, and risk being divided at ship’s rail. The supplier must clear the goods for export.
- This term means that the supplier pays for all transportation costs and bears all risk until the goods have been delivered and pay the duty.
- This term means that the supplier delivers the goods to TNEC to the named place of destination in the contract of sale. The goods are not cleared for import or unloaded from any form of transport at the place of destination. TNEC is responsible for the costs and risks for the unloading, duty, and any subsequent delivery beyond the place of destination.